The Norfolk Towne Assembly is a Living History Organization that seeks to promote a greater public understanding and appreciation of civilian life (the music, dance, art, literature, and social culture) in the Early America period (1770-1830), with a secondary focus on England and the British Isles.
The NTA accomplishes this by:
• Presenting public performances of Early American and Georgian period dance.
• Presenting public programs on period subjects including; period costume, etiquette, culinary dishes, table games, sporting activities, etc.
• Researching the social culture of this period.
• Supporting other Living History and Reenactment groups, as appropriate, by participating in public living history events, and offering educational workshops as requested.
• Participating in other educational or community service/outreach activities, as agreed by the Board of Directors.
To find out more about us and our activities, click on the pictures above, or use the menu across the top of the page.